Finally, Hyundai India has launched its next-gen Verna’s 2020 avatar.
Due to the current situation, we are facing globally doesn’t allow me to go and drive one soon, still, I have so many interesting things to discuss the all-new Hyundai Verna 2020. So let’s get into it.
Variant-wise Pricing of the New Verna 2020
|Hyundai Verna 2020||(Ex-Showroom India)|
|Verna 1.5 MPI MT S||Rs 9.31 lakh|
|Verna 1.5 MPI MT SX||Rs 10.70 lakh|
|Verna 1.5 MPI CVT SX||Rs 11.95 lakh|
|Verna 1.5 MPI MT SX(O)||Rs 12.60 lakh|
|Verna 1.5 MPI CVT SX(O)||Rs 13.85 lakh|
|Verna 1.0 Turbo DCT SX(O)||Rs 13.99 lakh|
|Verna 1.5 CRDi MT S+||Rs 10.66 lakh|
|Verna 1.5 CRDi MT SX||Rs 12.05 lakh|
|Verna 1.5 CRDi AT SX||Rs 13.20 lakh|
|Verna 1.5 CRDi MT SX(O)||Rs 13.95 lakh|
|Verna 1.5 CRDi AT SX(O)||Rs 15.10 lakh|
So, Before I say much about the Variants and some best in class features, Just have a look at the Pricing table above to understand the basic pricing.
Note, the basic MPI 1.5L petrol S Variant starts from 9.31L which comes with Manual transmission.
The CRDi 1.5L Diesel, on the other hand, starts with 10.66L which is S+ and equipped with the manual one too.
Seems like the most important and interesting option here would still remain the same, The 1.0L Turbo boosted petrol which is Equipped with the DCT transmission.
Although, I personally like to drive the Naturally Aspirated petrol more and that too with Manual transmission because of some obvious reasons.
Well, Don’t get confused here. Rather read further.
OK, I will tell you all the available options in a simple list below.
5 Engine and Transmission options of New Verna
- 1.5 Ltr MPI Petrol with Manual Transmission
- 1.5 Ltr MPI Petrol with CVT Transmission
- 1.0 Turbo Petrol with DCT Transmission
- 1.5Ltr CRDi Diesel with Manual Transmission
- 1.5Ltr CRDi Diesel with Automatic Transmission
Certainly, Now I am sure, you might have selected your own combination depending on your needs and requirements.
Maybe, if you’re unaware of different transmission types, you can watch my video below.
Probably, Now that you already know all available combinations in the new Hyundai Verna 2020, Let’s have a look at what all variants offer in terms of Features to clear all your confusions.
Most noteworthy, Look at all the variants carefully, it will help you to decide your ideal variant to go with as per your needs.
Also, I will give you my suggested variant to go with at the end. Therefore you need to read this till the conclusion part.
Verna 2020 Variant wise features.
Hyundai Verna S [Rs 9.31 lakh*]
- Available with the 115hp, 1.5-ltr petrol engine with 6-speed manual gearbox
- A system with Bluetooth, Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and voice recognition
- Four-speaker Arkamys system
- Steering-mounted controls
- Power windows
- Halogen headlights
- Indicators mounted on the outside rearview mirrors (ORVMs)
- Front grille finished in chrome
- Wheel covers for the 15-inch steel wheels shod in 185/65 tires
- Dual-tone beige and black interiors
- Dual front airbags
- ABS with EBD
- Rear parking sensors
- Adjustable front seat headrests
- Front- and rear-center armrests
- 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment
- Manual day/night inside rear-view mirror
- Remote central locking with keyless entry
- ISOFIX child-seat mounts
- Analog tachometer
- Manual AC with rear AC vents
- Cooled glovebox
- Front USB port
- Power adjustable ORVMs
A Short Note about the Hyundai Verna variant S: This variant holds almost everything that we usually “need” in a car. Because It has been already observed that people make wrong decisions in the selection of cars.
So look at all the features mentioned in the list above and if you think you really don’t need anything else than these features. Simply go with it.
New Verna S+ [Rs 10.66 lakh*]
- 115hp, 1.5-litre diesel engine with 6-speed manual gearbox.
- 16-inch steel wheels wrapped in 195/55 tires with wheel covers
The S+ Variant comes only with the Diesel manual and only adds the above-mentioned thing.
New Hyundai Verna 2020 SX [Rs 10.70-13.20 lakh*]
- 1.5-liter MPI petrol engine with 6-speed manual gearbox with 115HP Power output
- The same MPI petrol engine with CVT automatic gearbox
- 1.5-liter diesel engine with 6-speed manual gearbox with 115HP Power
- & 115hp, 1.5-liter diesel engine with 6-speed torque converter automatic gearbox
Likewise, Here are the Features:
- LED DRLs
- LED tail-lights
- 16-inch grey alloy wheels with 195/55 R16 tires
- The leatherette-wrapped gear knob and steering wheel
- Digital instrument cluster with a 4.2-inch multi-info color display
- Driver’s seat height adjust
- Power folding ORVMs
- Rear camera
- Front projector fog lights
- Auto-dimming inside rearview mirror
- Cornering lamps
- Powered sunroof
- Hands-free boot opening
- Two tweeters
- Push-button start
- Automatic climate control
- Wireless smartphone charging
- Cruise control
- Automatic projector headlights with a follow-me-home function
- Smart key
- Rear defogger
- Height-adjustable front seat belts
- Rear USB port
Maybe, Here you might have got confused. But Worry not, I am here.
Hence, Read till the end of this article.
New Hyundai Verna 2020 SX(O) [Rs 12.60-15.10 lakh*]
- 1.5-liter petrol engine with 6-speed manual gearbox with 115HP power.
- The same petrol engine with CVT automatic gearbox
- 1.5 diesel engine with 6-speed manual gearbox with 115hp Power
- The same diesel engine with 6-speed torque converter automatic gearbox
- Tyre pressure monitor
- LED headlights
- Hill-start assist
- Hyundai Blue Link in-car connectivity tech
- Tilt and telescopic steering adjust
- Side and curtain airbags
- Leatherette upholstery
- Adjustable rear seat headrests
- 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with HD display
- 16-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels
- Electronic stability control
- Traction control
So, Think about your usage, Think twice, Do you really need the features mentioned in the SX(O)? If your answer is yes, Wait, please consider the next variant.
New Hyundai Verna 2020 SX(O) Turbo [Rs 13.99 lakh*]
- 120hp, 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine with 7-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox
- All-black interiors with red highlights
- Paddle shifters
- Front parking sensors
- Rear disc brakes
- Blacked-out ORVMs, front grille, and shark fin antenna
Another note, SX(O) Buyers must test-drive this variant at least once before coming to any conclusions.
Finally, Talking about the Conclusion, Read till the end.
So, First let’s talk about the available other options in the same segment.
- Finally, Honda City: The current-gen is definitely outdated now, But Do you know that next-gen City is on its way?
- Similarly, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz: This is the leader currently. Of course because of its high fuel efficiency and lower cost of ownership. But no Diesel there and no Turbo too.
- Consequently, Other options include the Yaris from Toyota and the Rapid and Vento cousins. I would strongly recommend to just test drive these cousins once though.
Conclusion: Hyundai Verna
finally, considering the competition:
- If you are a diesel buyer, you have no other option as refined and as smooth as the New Verna (Hyundai’s Diesel as known for its lower NVH levels)
- Similarly In petrol too, there are no other options currently in the Indian market that offers these varieties of versions such as Verna’s 11 Different versions to choose from.
Suggested Variant of New Verna.
Likewise, Considering these factors, Here is my suggested variant.
So, For Petrol Buyers: a 1.5-liter petrol engine with CVT automatic gearbox is suggested.
- first of all, The S Variant has everything else but no CVT.
- Similarly, 1.0L Turbo is a great option but I believe, practically the SX is VFM as you can see, there is a huge gap of Around 2 Lakh (Appx) and Trust me, You will not only run faster but you will fly if you will save this 2 Lakh for future fuel and maintenance costs.
Now, For diesel buyers, I would suggest the CRDi diesel engine with a 6-speed torque converter automatic gearbox again.
Simple, Practicality. You’ve got the Automatic Transmission and the features available in the (O) comes with a big difference.
Hence, In petrol Opt for the 1.5 CVT and in Diesel go with the SX AT this can be the one word solution for you.
Tell me what you think about the New Verna 2020.
Furthermore, I always think about the consumer-centric factors and thus I write as if I am a customer and what should I select.
Therefore, I hope this article has helped you find your own variant that suits your own needs and requirements.
Even More, if there is something else that you think I missed out here, Just let me know in the comments below.
I will certainly do a complete review as always. Moreover it will again going to be the most in-depth one. So stay tuned on the space.
Until then I would request you all to stay safe and maintain the social distance. So that the bad time flys away soon.
Moreover, I will also write about what are the steps that you need to take in order to keep your cars hygiene and clean from unwanted guests.
Want to Learn How to Drive a Car? Click Here for an In-Depth Theoretical Learning.